The Skills will be extremely useful in the days and months ahead helping people to recognise their own thoughts, feelings and behaviours, allowing them to manage their own emotions and mental health and providing a common shared language to promote effective communication.
If, due to the coronavirus, you are supporting clients or students remotely using computer live streaming, telephone contact, setting work to do at home etc, then we trust you will find this guide helpful.
Teaching The Decider Life Skills remotely:
- Use your manual to guide you
- Over seven sessions of approx 30 mins per session
- Session 1. Teach The Fizz and The Bubble-man
- Sessions 2 - 7. Re-cap previous session then teach two skills per session
- Be encouraging and clear
- Ask clients to think about when they might use the skill in their own life
- If you are teaching via video livestreaming - show the prop, talk about it, brief demo
- Clinicians can use the online resources - click on the link on the right of this page
- Follow the instructions for username and password.
- If unsure, please contact us
FOR YOUR CLIENTS
- Clients can then log on at www.thedecider.org.uk/ls to watch the videos
- Advise them to login to the webapp with the usual username and password at the back of their Life Skills Handbook
- Then click the links at top or bottom of page "Click here for videos"
- Encourage clients to download the STOPP app from their app store
For additional professional teaching resources, please visit this page.